1. What are OLLI Fort Lauderdale's hours of operation?
Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
2. Where do the programs take place?
The OLLI Fort Lauderdale programs are held in the following two locations within the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.
- Abdo New River Room: a 225-seat space that provides a comfortable setting with quality audio/visual technology.
- JM Family Studio: 160-seat space that provides floor and theater-style seating for easy access and great sight lines.
Please see Directions and Parking for more information about the location.
4. How does parking work?
Please see Directions and Parking.
6. How do I check if my membership is current?
Membership status can be checked online. Login with your patron ID number, (found on the front of your patron ID card). Membership is valid from the time the $60 membership dues are paid until June 30 of each year.
7. How can I check what programs I registered for?
Individual program registration schedules, (including the dates and times) can be checked online. After entering your patron ID number, (located on the front of your patron ID card), click on the “View Registered Lectures” tab. There you can review all the programs for which you have registered.
8. Why haven’t I received a program book in the mail?
You may not have received a program book in the mail for one of the following reasons.
- Only paid members and recent nonmembers receive the program book by mail
- Members or recent nonmembers with more than one residence should include their departure and arrival dates to Florida for correct mailings. This information can be updated in your patron account accessed online.
9. Where can I obtain a copy of the program book if I am not a member?
The program book for each new season is available online as soon as the schedules are finalized.
10. Can I pay for programs over the phone?
We cannot process payments over the phone. Programs may be selected and paid for using the following options:
- ONLINE: To receive a 10% discount register at ollifll.fau.edu.
- CREDIT CARD: Online, or Member Application/Renewal form mailed, or faxed to 561.297.3481, or 561.297.1028.
11. How will I know if the payment transaction has been completed?
A transaction confirmation will be sent by mail within 10 days of processing your payment. As soon as the payment is processed, you will be registered for your selected program(s). You may also review your schedule online under the “View Registered Lectures” tab.
12. Do you use a ticketing system?
No, we do not use a ticketing system. You will receive a transaction confirmation by mail. The program(s) you register for will be activated on your patron ID card, which works as your ticket to access the program(s) you have registered for on the day of each event.
16. What should I do if I cannot find my patron ID card?
If you lost your patron ID card, you will need to purchase a replacement card for $10. A patron ID card is required for entry into a program.
17. Can I transfer out of my current program to a different one?
18. Can someone else attend a program in my place?
Yes, to be admitted, your guest must present a written authorization from you and present your patron ID card at the door. The written authorization must include your name, title of the program, your signature and your guest’s name.
19. Can I cancel one of my registered programs?
All requests for program cancellations must be submitted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by completing a “Drop Form.” No refunds will be issued on programs that were part of a bundled discount purchase, or once the program or lecture series has begun. All refund requests require administrative approval before processing.